A Cooperative Board of Directors’ Updated Guide to Helping your Membership Stay Connected Through COVID-19
Last spring, we provided ideas to Board of Directors on how to keep engaged with your membership during the first wave of COVID-19 cases. As we are navigating through another COVID-19 surge, we would like to provide you with another fun guide of ideas to help your membership continue to stay connected. As a Board of Directors, it is important that you not only keep your membership abreast of cooperative issues, but also continue to keep the morale of the membership up.
Here are a few fun ideas to keep your membership connected virtually:
- - Keep scheduling zoom calls with your membership;
- - Engage in virtual activities such as card games or board games;
- - Virtual story telling night;
- - Learn about other members’ cultures and heritages;
- - Learn about the history of your cooperative; or
- - Research ways that your membership can support your local community.
Not only is it important to keep your membership connected virtually, but it is also important that we all take care of ourselves too. To that end, here are some more fun ideas that your members can do on an individual basis or with their families:
- - Travel to your nearest park and explore or exercise;
- - Find a new walking trail or path;
- - Write letters to family and friends;
- - Start a memory book for yourself or your family;
- - Travel to a new city and explore, while practicing social distance measures; or
- - Find a drive-in movie theater and watch a movie.
We know that this year has been challenging for everyone. However, we hope that these fun ideas continue to help not only keep your membership connected virtually but also provide you with a few fun ideas for yourself and/or your family. As always, stay healthy, stay safe and Happy New Year!